This is the most comprehensive guide that will help you come up with a good name for your boutique.
- You’ll have hundreds of boutique name ideas to get inspiration from.
- You’ll know how to come up with great boutique names.
- You’ll understand the meaning of a good boutique business name.
In short, if you want to brainstorm boutique name ideas and name your business, you’ll find it useful.
Let’s dive in.
Attractive names for boutique
Following are the most attractive name ideas for boutiques:
- Queen Boutique
- Mademoiselle Albania
- First Class Boutique
- Antony Morato
- Article Consignment Boutique
- Mia Bella Couture
- 19th Clothing
- NADYA’S CLOSET
- Hollister Co.
- The Warehouse
- Big 5 Sporting Goods
- California Rediscovered
- Victoria’s Secret PINK
- Femme Dresses
- The Wardrobe
Boutique name ideas
These are the best boutique name ideas for your inspiration:
- Patagonia Outlet
- Blue Bird
- Tactical and Practical
- dd’s DISCOUNTS
- Bath Body Works
- Vince Outlet
- La Rouge
- Disney Store
- Big 5 Sporting Goods
- Little Black Dress
- Beach Beverly
- Girl Lee Boutique
- LOHO Bride
- Michael Kors
- Champs Sports
- The Foundry Collective
- Rodeo Wild West
Southern boutique name ideas
Here some of the southern boutique name ideas:
- Apricot Lane Boutique
- Laura’s Boutique
- Heritage Co. Boutique
- Bohemian Boutique
- Bryana’s Bridal Boutique
- Modern Boutique
- Envie Online Shop
- Planet Blue
- Goodwill Southern California
- Fendi at Cabazon Outlets
- Jenni Kayne Apparel
- Bass Pro Shops
- Mainstream Boutique
- HUSTLER Hollywood
- Valley Vinyl Supplies
- SEPHORA inside JCPenney
- Saint Laurent Rive Droite
- Marine Layer
- American Eagle Aerie Store
Baby boutique names
These are the catchy baby boutique names:
- Patagonia Baby clothes
- Ross Dress for Less
- Baby Shop
- The Children’s Place
- Buy buy BABY
- Fallas Discount Stores
- Doubted Clothing Apparel
- Royal Highness Cannabis Boutique
- Goodwill Southern California Outlet Store
- Baby Vans
- She Women’s Clothing
- Studio 58 Quinceanera
- Boutique Harajuku
- The Clothing Market
- Plato’s Closet Fresno
- Twice Upon A Time
Simple boutique names
Below are the short, sweet and simple boutique names:
- Jakamen Albania
- CaliGirl Boutique
- Chynna Dolls
- California Sock Company
- The Urban Umbrella
- Fairen Del
- Bebe O’s Vintage Boutique
- Ani’s Boutique
- Boutique Orel Moda!
- Fashion Store Tirane
- Boutique Obsession Fashion
- The White Flower Bridal Boutique
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
- Marine Layer Workshop
- GiVE CULTURE
- Sierra Nevada Adventure Co
- Saint Laurent Beverly Hills Flagship
- DICK’S Sporting Goods
- Best Uniforms
- All Country Work
Why the Boutique Name is Important
For any business, naming is a crucial and vital part; many boutiques with great ideology and bad names have seen the dust.
Here in this article, we will divulge into the details of how and why naming the business right can up your game ten-fold.
In the words of the legend, we should take solace:
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself”.
– Eleanor Roosevelt
In this article, we will first discuss common mistakes made in naming a business, later we will discuss how to name it right, and some examples of strong and weak names of boutiques.
Here are some mistakes repeated in history, and we can take notes from them.
- The name is too long to say: Yes, it may sound silly, but some names are just too long to say and don’t get familiarized to stick to the tongue.
Clearly, it is an important consideration to take under notice. Either the name becomes an acronym like TGIF, else, it can become a bummer.
- Surely, the name must be a reflection of the ideology behind the business, as name a warrior for boutique may sound absurd unless the warrior was known as a well-dressed person.
- Ideally, a name should be easy to stay, a company names VIBGOYR for artisan furniture is a not well thought out decision.
- And most importantly, the name should not be too complex to remember or pronounce. For it gets difficult for people to pronounce or remember, and mostly, people shy away from discussing it, worst, couldn’t remember the name. David Ogilvy puts it perfectly:
“A good advertisement is one which sells the product without drawing attention to itself”.
Then some abstractions fall under the cracks and tend to make us suffer without realization. We cannot consider them intentional mistakes; however, some are merely lacking in the process.
Often times, people are not as interested in the name compared to the whole process. Either they find it irrelevant or don’t have too much time to delve on it. Since opening a boutique takes up so much creativity, this bit gets ignored.
Mostly, the person who has been working over the whole process of business and dealing with all the nitty-gritty details, designing, and whatnot, tends to delay the naming process. As the times come to register the boutique, almost the time to launch, the naming bit tends to happen in a rush.
Another aspect of being considered is too naive and doesn’t understand the relevance of this milestone in the business plan. Surely this is unintentional conjunction but often comes with a hefty price.
Used brand name
Often without knowing, people end up naming their ventures with a brand that has copyrights of the name in another part of the world. Clearly, naming your boutique Summer Monsoon or White Peacock may result in a lawsuit.
In another scenario, you may have selected the name of your brand with careful consideration, and it sure fits your business ideology. But, in this era, an online presence is crucial; one must check the availability of the domain name to be extra careful.
Nowadays, an online presence is a first and foremost step, mostly stepping out of the house, customers tend to check reviews and websites. Nobody wants to waste their time. Hence they check if their trip down the boutique is worth it or not.
Hence, it is vital to confirm the availability of a domain name before you register your business with the name you have selected.
Naming Your Boutique
Now let’s get to the second aspect of this article, that is, how to name your boutique right. You may have thought to name it whatever pops in your head. Well, you were wrong; I can tell you some crucial gimmicks to consider first.
- KEYWORD RESEARCH: keyword, keyword, keyword… I cannot emphasize enough on it. It may become the start or end of the game here. Now the best way to select is to list down some names, and the ones that resonate with you and your company’s ideology finalize them until it’s time for the decision.
- MAKE A POLL: in the wake of social media and how it surrounds us, with all the complications, you also get many upsides too. Many platforms have high traffic, such as Instagram and Facebook.
You can always create a poll over the name you have selected; in this way, you are getting the attention of your ultimate consumer and involve them in decision making.
It sounds cliché, but when you involve consumers personally, they find it warm and personal and are already drawn towards your venture, which you are about to launch.
- HISTORY: ideally, your name should have such a background to it for the consumer to romanticize and understand your ideology too.
- NOUN, not an ADJECTIVE: If you delve too much on the description of your boutique and its ideology, it may be a significant turn-off—for example, EXQUISITE QUALITY CLOTHES, ROYAL CLASS, COMFORTABLE CLOTHES, etc.
These names do not leave much for curiosity and sound ostentatious, which among many consumers is a big NO-NO!
Few Examples of Weak Names with Strong Ideology
- Skin Care: Surely, the ideology is there to provide the best skin and skincare regime, but it turns out its very basic name. While Olay, a famous multi-millionaire brand, the name has no meaning but a very famous name, that is easy to remember and use.
- Curl Up and Dye: sure, when you look at the name, it doesn’t mean much, but when you are referring it to your friend, it’s incredibly morbid.
- High-End Fashion: although clothes in the said boutique are incredibly reasonable, a perfect go-to place for clothes, but the name doesn’t do its part.
Now that you have read through the whole article, I hope it has helped you somehow in your decision making to finalize the name of your boutique.
Sure, it does sound like the name is everything, which it is not, but then again, a mistake or a plain vanilla name can also be the end of your Boutique. Ironically, sometimes consumer does not go beyond the name.
Hence, the perfect name should not be overshadowing your designs that you plan to showcase, but help it enhance, give it more meaning, and ideally, appeal to the consumer.
“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.”
More Name Ideas: